Message to clients May 28th:
May 28, 2020
We would like to start by saying that we hope you are all staying safe and well during this extraordinary time. Marque and I set aside the stress of not working and have been enjoying a simpler life, with a lot of sweet family time and a lot of work with projects around the house.
We were just informed last night that we are now permitted to gradually re-start massage therapy services. The gradual re-start will be carried out with adherence to the requirements in the government of Ontario’s COVID-19 Operational Requirements: Health Sector Restart.
We have been instructed to prioritize clients with essential needs while gradually resuming regular practice. We must also comply with the COVID-19 Pandemic – Practice Guidance for Massage Therapists. This will include things like: pre-appointment screening, heightened infection control and sanitation practices and the use of masks by therapists and clients.
We are planning to re-open on Monday June 1st. Before Monday we would like to hear from any of you about concerns or your thoughts on whether you will be ready to return to massage therapy. By the end of the day today, we will start scheduling appointments with plenty of time in-between to do a thorough cleaning and to ensure that there is no contact with anyone other than your massage therapist.
Looking forward to seeing you soon… Take care,
Marque and Chris
Gradual Re-Opening Protocol:
- Each person will be asked a series of COVID-19 screening questions before every visit. Please stay at home if you are not feeling well.
- You will be permitted to enter the clinic 5 minutes or less before your treatment time. This will allow you to wash or sanitize your hands before entering the treatment room. If you arrive early please wait in your car or outside respecting physical distancing.
- Masks must be worn by therapists and clients. If you do not have a mask, we will supply you with one.
- Please arrive alone, and please do not bring any children that are not being treated.
- There will be a half-hour scheduled between each appointment to allow for proper sanitation of the treatment room and common rooms.
- It is a good idea to bring your own pen and water bottle etc.
COVID-19 Pre-screening questions:
- Have you had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or who has traveled outside of Canada (past 14 days?)
- Do you have a confirmed case of Covid-19 or have you had close contact with a confirmed case of Covid-19?
Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- New onset of cough
- Worsening chronic cough
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Unexplained fatigue/malaise/muscle aches
- Nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- Pink eye
- Runny nose/nasal congestion without other known cause
Are you 70 years of age or older, and experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Unexplained or increased number of falls
- Acute functional decline
- Worsening chronic conditions
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please cancel your appointment and we can reschedule at an appropriate time.